Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No more peas for Kaleb


When Kaleb got home from school today, I let him choose what he wanted for lunch......first he wanted soup, but he also wanted broccoli with it. Unfortunately, we were out of broccoli, so he chose peas. He ate all his soup & the peas I gave him & then I noticed he was breaking out around his mouth......I didn't think anything of it. About an hour later, he wanted more & so I let him......THEN he broke out in hives all over. Yeah, he's allergic to peas........well, peanuts, I just didn't realize that peas are a legume just like peanuts.......I am so dumb (ha ha). I gave him some benadryl & then he wanted a bath.......you can barely see the redness around his mouth. In the first picture he's itching his leg - but yeah, he was still happy. Thank goodness it didn't get to the point where I had to use his epi-pen........I'm hoping that Andy is around when I need that, because I really can't stab that into his leg. Poor Kaleb...........it wasn't enough torture getting his tonsils out, I had to give him hives too (ha ha).

4 comments:

Bubbles said...

Hi Laisa!!
Yes I remember you. This is what I love about blogging. You get to reconnect with people. Your family is beautiful. And you have a beautiful home too! Good for you. We may never get there again living her in California!!

Heather Rowell said...

Hola!!! I am so glad you found me. About the worst friend ever thing, that goes both ways. But now we found each other again. You guys look so good! I love being able to keep in touch with you again. IT'S ALL GOOD!!! Love Ya.

Heather Rowell said...

I'm sorry to hear about Kaleb. I'm glad he's doing good though.

Shawna said...

Hey Laisa, I hope you don't mind me posting, I'm heather's sister Shawna. Last I saw you was in Heather's line at her reception. Weren't you pregnant with your first then?
It's crazy how long it has been. I was on the phone with Heather when she saw that you left a comment on her blog and she about peed her pants. It was so funny! Anyways, you look awesome and your kids are beautiful. I hope you don't mind if I check in every once in while and snoop around your cute blog.