Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well-child Check-ups!

I am a mean Mommy!
First of all, as Lana & I are getting ready this morning, I asked her if she wants to go for a ride, and she says "Okay Mommy, I'll get my sweater". Then, I forgot to inform Kalebs teacher that I had to take him out of class early, so when we got to school to get him, he was missing out on P.E & getting new books for the week. Sorry Kaleb. He kept thanking me for picking him up though & excited to go on a ride......the last time we went on a ride was to a park. As we're driving to Provo I tried to keep them happy, but giving them goldfish & listening to their playlist on my ipod......it seemed to work well. Then we pulled up into the parking lot at the Doctors office & Kaleb says "Mom, Doctors?? No Mom, it hurts." I told them that it was just a check-up to see if they're growing big & strong, and that they won't be getting any shots today. Kaleb was a little nervous. Of course when we get in the waiting room & see the fish & 'Bolt' is playing, they are just fine. Then we're there for over 30 mins & the kids get impatient, so I call Andy to come & help, which I am sooo thankful for. The rest of the appointment went well..........

Kaleb has gained 10 pounds since his last check-up (ha ha......I swear he's not fat, just solid)

Lana even gained 7 pounds & hasn't gotten too much taller since last year (ha ha)

The kids were so brave, and then as they're getting their shoes & sweaters on, the nurse comes in.......we decided to give them flu mists. I know, no warning for the kids. Kaleb HATED it, but Lana was so brave & just sniffed it right up (should I be worried? ha ha). So, yes, I didn't lie, the kids weren't getting shots & any kind of owies, just a spray shoved up their nose, ha ha. I am so mean! Well at least they are protected again the swine flu, right?? (ha ha) I am so glad that I have had healthy kids all year.

1 comment:

Katy said...

no way, you're the sweetest mom ever!!!!! plus, i am constantly telling Ava that if she doesn't finish her veggies or stop crying, we're going straight to the doctor's for a shot... too bad she doesn't quite get what that means... empty threats... she knows all about those!