Thursday, November 13, 2008

Move over Mr. Miyagi!

While I was putting Lana down for a nap......YES - she is FINALLY taking a nap after all these months! (sorry, that has nothing to do with this story).......ANYWAY - I heard Kaleb banging on the wall downstairs & by the time I got down there, he was holding something between his thumb & finger & staring at it. I asked him what he was holding & he said "A FLY".
I hate any bugs or insects, so I looked at it & said "Ewww"......then Kaleb starts heading towards the trash (I thought), instead he went to the bathroom & said "flush it". I followed him & when he tried to drop it in the toilet - it flew to the ceiling. GROSS...its still alive?!! It flew into our little light cover, so of course I can't reach it, so I spray some air freshener above it so it goes into the cover (I don't know why I thought that would do anything to it - ha ha) & then the fly goes crazy. YUCK!! So, either I have killed it or its going to live in my light cover (ha ha). I just don't know why my kids love touching insects......I'll really panic if they start eating them (ha ha).

2 comments:

Katy said...

Oh sweet Kaleb... so innocently clutching onto the grossest species in the world! I love that now you have a good-smelling one now buzzing around... very classy!

Anonymous said...

How funny. You just have to love how kids especially boys love insects and bugs.